This plugin is dying. Update to disable functions and services no longer avaiable.
BUT: This plugin may add a few ordninary XML-RPC pingback services. Currently included:
- Google BlogSearch
- The Twingly services is a special services which re-pings your posts to several affiliated newspaper web editions.
Hence, if you link to a newspaper article published online, your blog post will be listed and linked from that article.
- Bloggoversikten and Bloggurat are other Norwegian blog search, list and aggregating sites.
- Technorati and Google BlogSearch are blog search and overview sites.
This plugin lets you easily add or remove these services without copying and pasting their ping-URL into the 'Ping services'
field onthe 'Options - Writing' page.
Version 2.6.3, June 10, 2010
- Both Bloggarkivet and Blopp has now terminated their services or using other mechanisms. This plugin will die.
Version 2.6.2, August 4, 2009
- Needed update for blogs where automatic categories mapping has never been set for either "Bloggarkivet" or "Blopp"
- Fixes a bug in 2.6 making the selection list of categories for "Bloggarkivet" and "Blopp" on the 'Autoping Categories' page to be empty, except for "Don't ping".
- Fixes a mistake making the vote button for "Blopp" not to appear in Internet Explorer (unsupported MIME type)
Version 2.6.1, July 20, 2009
- Fixes a bug that made the blog-wide "Blopp" registration undetected. If a per user based registration wasn't
saved then a "Missing" warning was seen on the Categories page, and "Blopp" would not be pinged.
Version 2.6, July 16, 2009
- Enables a per user setting of each Blopp registration
- Optionally adds a vote button for posts pinged to Blopp and that is entirely displayed (no more tag active) on either a single post page, the front page, all kinds archive pages and so on.
- Removed all traces of "Bloggrevyen".
Version 2.5.1, June 20, 2009
- Bugfix for only the first few categories displayed.
Version 2.5, June 19, 2009
- Added support for some ordinary pingback services, currently "Twingly", "Bloggoversikten", "Bloggurat", "Google Blogsearch" and "Technorati".
- Fixed a bug (discovered back in version 2.0) causing new pages to be pinged when the next a post is published.
- Inhibited the browser autocomplete to work on the username and password fields for "Blopp" registration settings.
Version 2.2, June 11, 2009
- Removed "Bloggrevyen", as the service is terminated.
- Added the new service "Blopp", which requires authentication to allow trackback pings.
- New options/settings page for services requiring registration (currently "Blopp" only).
Version 2.1.1, June 2, 2009
- Added a new category for Bloggarkivet.
Version 2.1, May 27, 2009
- Fix for a language/localization bug wich caused the translation not to work, except when the plugin folder happened to be the non-standard
autoping instead of
- Fix for listing of grandchild categories and below. They are now listed under its parent category, with a dash indicating the sublevel.
- Plugin now completely independent of the plugin install folder. May this make it easier to work with WP-MU?
- Added an extra information line, or a warning message, on the same page, after checking the current language/localization settings and file. This should help debugging any misbehaviour here.
Version 2.0, March 3, 2009
- Original release of this plugin.
Version 1.0, November 6, 2006
- This plugin's predecessor "Trackback Bloggarkivet/-revyen" released. Then maintained for 2.5 years.